Friday, October 20, 2006

Miss Green Machine

My child is so funny. Here are some funny things from yesterday: I asked what she'd like for breakfast... Toast? French toast? Apple cinnamon cheerios? Peanut butter and banana? No, no and no was her reply. I was about to offer her pancakes, the dreaded favorite, when she threw open her arms and said she wanted "A big salad!" She would not be dissuaded. So at 9 am I was chopping leaf lettuce, cucumber, grape tomato and tiny bits of cheese for my 2 year old's curious appetite. Later for lunch I made her 'crunchy chicken' (frozen chicken breast pieces baked and coated with whole wheat bread crumbs) and fries with green beans. She exclaimed repeatedly, much like an elderly gardener enjoying her harvest "these beans are delicious!" while the rest of the kid friendly meal got cold and went mostly uneaten in favor of this delicious new taste sensation, the frozen green bean. This morning I put on the gas fireplace when we got up and she asked sweetly and politely for a cup of hot cocoa in front of the fire, in place of her true love, vitamin D organic whole milk. She is still happily sipping and enjoying the fire and Miss Spider.

I hope she does not ask for truffles and roast duck on a bed of field greens for lunch this afternoon.

3 Comments:

Blogger mamaloo said...

Wow! At least that's all healthy.

And, nice new look for the blog! Wherever did you find such a beautiful design?!

(If you need help figuring out how to upload those photos, let me know - Though I bet the hubs knows alread)

2:19 PM  
Blogger American wife said...

Violet has strange ideas about food... salad for breakfast and the way she was raving about the plain ol' green beans was absolutely hysterical.

I like this new look, but the flowers won't show up for me in my FF browser, which was a coomon problem with the template. I'm still hoping to create something more masterful. I had my husband uploading my new ipod yesterday so I'll have to wait a few days to go looking for a computer tutorial!

6:02 AM  
Blogger karrie said...

A junior foodie--love it!

Noticed from your comment on Crank Mama that we share the same spelling and had to stop by and say hello.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home